Re: Novell Invites a Special Friend, Sun Snubs Novell's Bash

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 19 March 2007 19:53 \__

> LinuxGuy <paul.nuffer@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Aww, isn't that nice.  Novell and its nemesis all cuddling up...
>>
>> I'm going to Brainshare this year[1], and I picked up my pack
>> yesterday. I received a t-shirt as part of the pack, and I was a
>> little shocked. There's the usual Brainshare Logo, and on the lower
>> left was Novell's name. The surprise came on the lower right -
>> Microsoft's name right along side. I'd say they're a bit more than a
>> 'platinum sponsor' to be riding home on Brainshare's t-shirt...
>>

> If I want the name of a convicted organisation on my t-shirt, I'll
> choose it myself...  hope you enjoy brainshare and don't get lynched on
> the way home :-)

Have a look here:

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/03/19/novell-open-source-supporter-turned-open-source-parasite/

,----[ Quote ]
| Perens also surmises that the deal may be the beginning of Novell's
| exit strategy from their Linux business, which "hasn't taken off, and
| won't anytime soon". Perens also believes Microsoft may indeed buy
| Novell, since Novell would lack the resources to fork the numerous
| essential GNU utilities that will be moving to GPL3.

                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE)
Mem:    514480k total,   483172k used,    31308k free,     8440k buffers