Re: [News] Microsoft vs. Free Downloads as Google Makes Desktop/Native Software Obsolete

> Viacom or Microsoft could end the free-download era
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | From the moment our nation was conceived, there has been one thing
> | that has unified us as people even during our most turbulent time
> | -conspiracy! Americans seem to be so obsessed with conspiracy that
> | America without conspiracy wouldn?t be much of the same America
> | that we grew up with. When news broke that Google.com is faced
> | with two lawsuits from two companies within two weeks, wouldn't
> | that make Americans excited?
> `----
>
> http://www.writersolution.com/newsroom/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=38

The end of free downloads could kill Linux (and FreeBSD and
OpenSolaris).

It would also hamper Windows Update, one would think, except, of course,
that Microsoft would be happy with the new subscription model it
could force on its hapless users.

--
   Press every key to continue.