[News] Microsoft vs. Free Downloads as Google Makes Desktop/Native Software Obsolete

Viacom or Microsoft could end the free-download era

,----[ Quote ]
| From the moment our nation was conceived, there has been one thing
| that has unified us as people even during our most turbulent time
| -conspiracy! Americans seem to be so obsessed with conspiracy that
| America without conspiracy wouldn?t be much of the same America
| that we grew up with. When news broke that Google.com is faced
| with two lawsuits from two companies within two weeks, wouldn't
| that make Americans excited?
`----

http://www.writersolution.com/newsroom/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=38

A method for grabbing things back to the desktop (proprietary DRM, WMV, WMA,
DirectX, OOXML and other lockins). Meanwhile Google expands its products
line:

Google Buys Graphics Software Maker

,----[ Quote ]
`----