Re: [News] Microsoft PR Making a Mountain of a Mole Hill

> The Vista Wow...What or Why?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| After all this I'm wondering if the 'Wow' isn't just a stop gap for
>| the actual OS to be released by Microsoft in the next 5 years. Maybe
>| what we are witnessing now are just the possibilities of what's
>| to come. The desktop hasn't changed since it?s first inception -
>| it's just gotten a facelift.
> `----
>
> http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=1195
>
> Microsoft Live Gaming Service on PC? Who Cares?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft announced today that PC gamers will soon be able to
>| subscribe to its LIVE service (assuming you have Windows Vista)
>| and get the privilege of playing with console gamers - la dee
>| freakin da. I mean seriously, what are they smoking over there
>| in Redmond? Do you know of any serious PC gamer who has shelled
>| out thousands of hard-earned dollars on his/her PC who'd take
>| them up on this?
> `----
>
> http://www.bootdaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=348&Itemid=52
>
> The latter is being advertised very aggressively. It's probably being
> forcefed for journalists to be overwhelmed by hype. Same as Windows 95.

I really can't recall the last time Microsoft came up with anything
which really caught the imagination.  Even the XP release in 2002?
wasn't exactly shockingly well received, since the backwards
compatibility issues were so enormous.  Xbox got some positive
publicity, but not that much.  Maybe Windows 2000 was the last time?