[News] Microsoft PR Making a Mountain of a Mole Hill

The Vista Wow...What or Why?

,----[ Quote ]
| After all this I'm wondering if the 'Wow' isn't just a stop gap for
| the actual OS to be released by Microsoft in the next 5 years. Maybe
| what we are witnessing now are just the possibilities of what's
| to come. The desktop hasn't changed since it?s first inception -
| it's just gotten a facelift.
`----

http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=1195

Microsoft Live Gaming Service on PC? Who Cares?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft announced today that PC gamers will soon be able to
| subscribe to its LIVE service (assuming you have Windows Vista)
| and get the privilege of playing with console gamers - la dee
| freakin da. I mean seriously, what are they smoking over there
| in Redmond? Do you know of any serious PC gamer who has shelled
| out thousands of hard-earned dollars on his/her PC who'd take
| them up on this?
`----

http://www.bootdaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=348&Itemid=52

The latter is being advertised very aggressively. It's probably being
forcefed for journalists to be overwhelmed by hype. Same as Windows 95.