Re: [News] Novell a "Strong Sell", Mixed Messages

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Thursday 15 March 2007 09:01 \__

http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/mar2007/pi20070314_025087.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_investing

>> Novell linked to 'Windows cheaper than Linux' statement
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Novell has issued a joint press release with Microsoft, in which
>> | HSBC, a customer of joint technology from the two companies,
>> | claims that Windows has a lower total cost of ownership than Linux.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39286295,00.htm
>>
>> So Novell is Microsoft's bitch now.
>>

>> Also see discussion in:
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/03/14/novell-openoffice/
>
> I wonder if Novell would be willing to hand openSuse to another party in a
> bid to make ammends as well as to protect the openSuse project.

The domain freesuse was registered just a few days before the deal. Some
might still be thinking about forking... you know, rebrand the whole thing
and un-novellise it. Just like Unbreakbale and CentOS... make a branch of
this fine distro that is now bound to greedy execs and their foolish agenda.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
Tasks: 125 total,   1 running, 122 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie