Re: Top 5 Notebooks are Linux or Unix machines

> __/ [ yttrx ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 15:48 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> __/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 12:43 \__

> http://www.crn.com/crn/slideshows/2007/top5/notebooks/1.jhtml;jsessionid=FZTXJB0QIJOXQQSNDLRSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=197802071

>>> Either Linux support helps sell better OR good laptops mind Linux
>>> compatibility. Conversely, poorly-designed/made laptops are less
>>> Linux-aware.
>>>

>> No.  I bought my T60s because IBM/Lenovo laptops are incredibly well
>> engineered, very tough, and ridiculously fast.  The OS had nothing
>> to do with it.
>
> I was never suggesting that. Personally, I find the (visual) design of
> Thinkpads (or Stinkpads) rather appalling.

Ah, you're after form over function.  I'm surprised you're not an OSX
advocate.

> Apple has good designs and the UI fits the looks of the hardware. Microsoft
> tried to achieve this with Vista, but while they build it, nobody comes.
> (Field of Dreams... emphasis on "dreams")

Alright there, roy.  Tell you what.  You pour 8 oz of hot coffee on a
macbook pro, and I'll pour the same on my thinkpad T60.

Guess who's computer will go on working without a hitch?

(hint, the thinkpad was designed for such spills, liquid entering the keyboard
is shunted through tubles that lead straight out of the bottom of the
device.)

You may think they're ugly, but they're built to fucking last, and thats
what I like in a machine.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net