Re: Top 5 Notebooks are Linux or Unix machines

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:16:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I was never suggesting that. Personally, I find the (visual) design of
> Thinkpads (or Stinkpads) rather appalling.

They are bland and inconspicuous, but they are extremely reliable and
seriously durable. I'm still using a 600 that I bought on eBay for about
$100USD. That machine was already around seven years old when I bought it,
and with nothing more than a new battery and hard drive it has outlived my
Presario R3000 by about a year.

> Apple has good designs and the UI fits the looks of the hardware. Microsoft
> tried to achieve this with Vista, but while they build it, nobody comes.
> (Field of Dreams... emphasis on "dreams")

Apple does make some wonderful products, although they're usually priced a
bit out of my reach. I've been eying the MacBook for about a month now,
and it looks all the more tempting now that the OEMs are shipping all of
their PCs with Vista.

I wish Dell would take a risk and adopt Linux, but that's probably just
stupid and wishful thinking.

                http://www.usenet.com