Re: Ubuntu/Knoppix CD boot resolution on widescreen laptop

  • Subject: Re: Ubuntu/Knoppix CD boot resolution on widescreen laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:14:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 07:51 \__

> Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> "Liam" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> I've a widescreen notebook PC with a native resolution of 1280x768.
>>> Both Ubuntu 6.10 and Knoppix 5.0.1 boot-from-cd OS's allow me to use
>>> 1024x768, 800x600, and 640x480.
>>> Is there some way to get either of these OS's, when running from the
>>> CD, to use a more widescreen resolution? It's an aesthetics thing I
>>> guess, but I hate how 1024x768 makes all the text stretched and
>>> difficult to look at.
>>
>> Fonts .....
>
> Nope. Resolution.
> Has nothing to do with fonts, "true linux advocate" and "kernel hacker"
> Hadron Quark.
> But you wouldn't know that. You are clueless

Liam, this is a frequently-asked question. Have you search the Web yet?

--
                ~~ Best wishes

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.