Re: [News] Video Shows Linux Well Ahead of Windows Vista on Looks

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 08:00 \__

>> Windows Vista Aero vs. Linux Ubuntu Beryl
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Windows vs. Linux
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ
>
> Very good comparison, but one of the most important differences was not
> made clear in the video:
>
> ######
>  OnyxCro   (4 days ago)
> Vista expirience index: 1.0. No Aero, no 3D flip, Vista choking on my
> 768MB of RAM...
> Ubuntu + Beryl? Works like a charm :)
> ######
>
> This must really sting MS: Linux has better graphics *and* on a much
> smaller resources footprint.
>
> Time the games devs woke up en mass to Linux. Back to the old school -
> better games, less buggy, more efficient. Gaming on Vista is a lost
> cause. If PC games publishers want to shift titles, better jump on the
> Linux bandwagon quick, before all the hardcore PC gamers run away, over
> to Sony's baby.
>
> Linux Gaming: Zero Lag, Better Frag.

It rhymes well. Bailo did an amateurish benchmark the other month. He said
that SUSE ran Second Life smoothly while XP was jerky. The same goes for
video. I never set my hands on Windows, but I take his word for it.

> Vista Gaming: Er ...

How about "zero Brag, More Nag"?

--
                ~~ Best wishes

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.