Re: Live MEPIS with Beryl

  • Subject: Re: Live MEPIS with Beryl
  • From: Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:16:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:05:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Kier ] on Sunday 11 March 2007 17:35 \__
>
>> For the remainder, I was very impressed with this latest iteration of
>> MEPIS, and if it weren't for being satisfied with my current distro, I'd
>> very likely install it.
>
> Would you say it's a better choice than Kubuntu for most people? Their
> anatomy is very similar and I want to explore other KDE-based distros in the
> near future. Many people wish they could just experiment with so many
> distros the way you do, but it takes time and dedication. There's at least
> one program which sends its subscriber a Linux CD every week... sounds like
> fun!

On the whole, I think MEPIS *is* possibly a better choice than Kubuntu for
many users, but that shouldn't put off anyone from trying Kubuntu.

As for experimenting, well, I don't earn my living from a computer, it's
basically a leisure activity, so it's no hardship to play around with new
distros.

--
Kier