[News] iPhone and Zune Probably Cannot Beat Linux Devices

Five things Microsoft must do to make Zune a success

,----[ Quote ]
| Five months after its introduction, industry experts give Microsoft
| Corp.'s Zune media player barely passing grades in terms of its
| marketplace success while Microsoft insists the device is on course.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=printArticleBasic&articleId=9014838

Never mind the fact that the project leader has jumped the ship (link at the
bottom).

Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| The hype over the unreleased iPhone has actually increased over the
| past month despite the fact that nobody has seen or used the device.
| This, if nothing else, proves the power of branding and especially
| the power of brand loyalty.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/apple-should-pull-plug-iphone/story.aspx?guid=%7B3289E5E2-E67C-4395-8A8E-B94C1B480D4A%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo
http://tinyurl.com/2zx3a3

Related:

Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
| and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
| game console business and the introduction of its Internet
| Protocol television software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

Forget iPhone, hail OpenMoko, the true revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| ...I would rather wait for OpenMoko to become available for purchase
| than shell out high bucks for iPhone. Just like with any Apple
| product, it is like an awesome looking golden cage. I always
| preferred freedom to control my own digital devices than to be
| mostly dependent on one vendor for everything.
`----

http://www.libervis.com/article/forget_iphone_hail_openmoko_the_true_revolution

Open Phones with Open Moko

,----[ Quote ]