[News] Microsoft Can No Longer Ignore Linux

Microsoft buys into cross-browser development

,----[ Quote ]
| Support for non-Microsoft browsers follows development by Microsoft
| of Linux and Mac VSTS clients for developers building applications
| for Windows. Support is designed to extend VSTS use, and Windows
| development, to programmers on non-Microsoft platforms.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/03/28/microsoft_vsts_browser/

Related:

Photosynth for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the demonstration video of Photo Tourism which was later
| transformed into Microsoft Photosynth (Wikipedia). Now, you'll find
| it difficult to disagree with me when I say this is a great product.
| It just has that "cool factor".
|
| However, the Photosynth website says at the system requirements: Only
| Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista RC1 or later are supported at this
| time. However, the video I showed above clearly shows it running on
| Linux (take a look at the titlebar of the web browser or the "add
| annotation dialog"). This could mean two things:
|
|    1. Microsoft deliberately decided not to support Linux
|    2. Microsoft may still want to make this available for Linux
`----

http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/2007/03/02/photosynth-for-linux/

This was later confirmed to be case (1), by one of the developers.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02991.pdf