[News] Windows Access from Linux Made Easier Than the Other Way Around

Remote access in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| As you know, Windows XP works only in a graphical environment. Thus,
| when we connect to it remotely, we are condemned to use the GUI. This
| is called ?remote desktop? and it works great? but only when you have
| a stable broadband connection to your remote machine. When you are on
| a modem (like GPRS, EDGE) or another type of weak connection, using
| the remote desktop in a comfortable manner is just not possible. In
| the case of previous versions of Windows, it?s even worse since the
| RDP connection is not available there and you are forced to use
| third party tools like TightVNC or shareware radmin, which does
| not offer comparable performance to the Remote Desktop.
|
| In GNU/Linux you (as usual) have a choice -- you can connect
| remotely, both graphically and text-based using at least a
| few methods described below.
`----

http://polishlinux.com/why-linux/remote-access-in-linux/

On the virtualisation front, a rather anti-hype article:

The Linux Letter: Virtualization Is Complicating Simplicity

,----[ Quoet
`----

http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.6b4f1494