Re: Newbie seeking comparison of Linux distros

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 26 March 2007 08:21 \__

>> Also see this tool:
>>
>> http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/
>
> "We found the following perfect match(es): Fedora"
>
> And no, I didn't cook the result :)
>
> It mentions Mandriva and OpenSuSE in 2nd and 3rd place, with the caveat
> that Mandriva's default Desktop is not Gnome (my stated preference), and
> that OpenSuSE is maintained by a company that takes bribes from Microsoft.
>
> OK, so I'm kidding about that last part ;)
> Maybe.

That's what I always here when I point people to LDC. It recommends the
distro they already use. Maybe it's a case of reverse fitting. KDE users,
for example, might prefer hardcore controls and make choices accordingly...

They say people tend to believe and accept what they know and feel
comfortable with. Speaking of SUSE, I wrote a lot about it this morning. I
also look forward to your off-list reply.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?
Swap:  1036184k total,   288500k used,   747684k free,    34392k cached