Re: Vista Feature Helps Trick Surfers

  • Subject: Re: Vista Feature Helps Trick Surfers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 07:49:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Janet Alia ] on Saturday 24 March 2007 13:35 \__

> flyer said:
>
>> "But if Microsoft fails to take basic precautions to block well-known
>> social engineering exploits used for years by malware authors, then all
>> the hard work that's gone into making Windows more secure in other
>> respects is squandered."
>>
>> http://www.theregister.com/2007/03/23/vista_file_extensions/
>
> You're worrying about the wrong issues, flyer.
>
> You should be worrying about fonts.

So should Windows Vista users. The font selection dialogue has remained
unchanged for almost 15 years. It is still that ugly Windows 3.1 dialogue.
Can they not find enough programmers to breathe in life into their user
interface? Was it perhaps changed several years ago and then thrown down the
chute when Longhorn got scraped in 2005?

Where are the Microsoft DEVELOP~!? What happened to that argument where they
always sing about their "R&D budget? I sometimes wonder what types would be
willing to work for a company so notorious because of its ethics. Good
programmers would not want to be part of such a company. They can do better.
Therefore, Microsoft either attracts the incompetent in desperate need for a
job of those who are competent and unethical. They have no regrets and
conscious barriers when it come to joining the company.

To name a very recent example, consider their sabotage of the PS3 launch in
Australia, France, and England. This is a commercially-organised campaign to
inflitrate, and _bash_, somebody else's bash. Seeing how aggressive
Microsoft has become is rather disgusting. What about their "Linux Personas"
Web site? Winning the "WAR" against Linux (their own word)? Has Microsoft
gone Rambo III on its most miniscule rivals?

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
Tasks:  95 total,   2 running,  93 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie