[News] Beryl Enters Ubuntu Linux Repository As Copyrights Issues Clear

Beryl 0.2.1 in Universe

,----[ Quote ]
| Now the rest of us can test Beryl simply by:
|
| * enabling universe in /etc/apt/sources.list (or, in Ubuntu, just
| use System->Administration->Software sources)
|
| * installing Beryl ("sudo apt-get install beryl")
|
| After I'd done this, I could get Beryl up pretty much immediately by just
| running "beryl-manager" at the command prompt.
`----

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/102

Related:

Compiz enters main and is depended on by ubuntu-desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm amazed that although binary drivers will not be installed by
| default, compiz is being installed by default?

Ubuntu Restricted Drivers Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| When trying out an Ubuntu daily LiveCD yesterday I noticed the new
| Ubuntu Restricted Drivers Manager. This manager makes it incredibly
| easy to manage the binary blob drivers. By default are the ATI/AMD
| and NVIDIA drivers, and from there you can literally install the
| drivers almost instantly. It should be very nice for new users! In
| the Restricted Drivers Manager you can also manage the blobs for
| other hardware such as 802.11 WiFi cards with closed-source drivers,
| TV capture cards, and much more.
`----

http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=114

Envy 0.9.0 has a GUI!