[News] Microsoft and Search - A Story of Defeat

Microsoft Loses About 5% Search Share in 2 Years

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, not helping? Their search technology pretty much sucks. While
| it's nice to blame the brand change for the loss in market-share, it
| really comes down to the quality of the search results. Apart from
| their image search, I've never found Microsoft's search technology -
| btw, even I don't know whether to call it MSN, Windows Live,
| Live Search, Windows Search - to be of any great value.
|
| BTW, something else curious from the BW piece...
|
|     Steve Berkowitz, who was hired last May to rev up the Web
|     business as senior vice-president for Microsoft's Online
|     Services Group, declined to comment.
|
| Declined to comment? Business Week runs an article on your search
| efforts, and the guy in charge refuses to talk about it? Maybe they
| need to keep on shuffling the executive deck of cards, until they
| find someone with enough, you know what, to face the music and tell
| us what's going on, and what they're doing to right the ship.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/2007/03/23/microsoft-loses-about-5-search-share-in-2-years
http://tinyurl.com/ytwd4l

Two weeks ago:

Microsoft Search Leader To Leave Company

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://online.wsj.com/preview_login.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB117329976478329930.html%3Fmod%3Dyahoo_hs%26ru%3Dyahoo
http://tinyurl.com/2jran7