Re: [News] Early Look at the Newly-released Feisty Fawn (Ubuntu Linux 7.04) Beta

__/ [ John Locke ] on Saturday 24 March 2007 18:39 \__

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:50:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>WiFi In Ubuntu Feisty Fawn
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| One of the major changes mentioned in yesterday's release announcement
>>| for the Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Beta was "excellent wireless
>>| networking support".
>>`----
>>
> This looks promising. Am downloading this distro now.
> Another notch closer to eclipsing the Windows desktop.

Try comparing driver installation in Windows against this 2-click routine.
Compiz is already installed as well, so any 9-year-old should be able to
install and get that cube spinning. All that Linux needs now is awareness
and attention. It's only people who can spread the word properly (and offer
a CD or demo). In the past year the press has joined this effort, despite
the roots of funding (you can follow the links to the top, identifying
corporate power... and the Gates Foundation as well). If only it had the
guts to report stories about moves that sabotage Open Source adoption (and
its public image)... for that we have Groklaw.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
Mem:    514480k total,   347460k used,   167020k free,    23676k buffers