COLA Stats: Saturday the 24th of March, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 24th of March, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:59:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The [H]omer award for COLA Advocate of the Week:

Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(For all his hard work OCR'ing the Comes Vs Microsoft documents.)

ngstats.pl version 1.22

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 2347 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     487  817183    18%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>                       115   82725    61%
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                103  716140    13%
   4. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         94  218299     1%
   5. flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                           91  104190    57%
   6. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   88  152701    51%
   7. DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                          84   81573    62%
   8. John A. Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                50   23805    45%
   9. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    47  109733    44%
  10. Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                          43   62247    81%
  11. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx>         42   39108    37%
  12. B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     40   36172    47%
  13. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            36   69394    31%
  14. yttrx <yttrx@xxxxxxxxx>                           35   50308    80%
  15. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       34   47158    72%
  16. John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                   29   16004    43%
      Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      29   38067    63%
  18. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    28    7784    59%
  19. Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               23   11190    70%
      amicus_curious - TROLL                            23   51879    51%
  21. Scottish Mike - IDIOT                             22   30928    87%
      AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                        22   20466    51%
  23. cc - Shifty MS Apologist                          21   45236    82%
      Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               21   32118    73%
      thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  21   27306    28%
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        21   30841    57%
  27. Jeff_Relf - .Net k00k                             20   10062     0%
      Alexander Terekhov - Facist Troll                 20   55246     9%
  29. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              18   15408    58%
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>           18   10580    60%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. 2 years have passed...                                   49   73327
   2. Microsoft abandoned their OS/2 customers ..              48   77232
   3. [News] Missing Drivers And Security Holes: Growing       43   45126
   4. Microsoft's Search Excels In Spreading Malware [Li       38   54029
   5. Linux magazines/websites running Microsoft ads           28   22442
      Why Windows F@cking BLOWS CHUNKS!                        28   35083
   7. More on Linux fonts and denial.                          26   36236
      Why should Microsoft go to an Open Source model?         26   15262
      [News] SCO Doing Worse Than They Have People Belie       26   27241
      WOW!  The New Redmond Instruction Sheet?                 26   23331
      How do i load VLC Player onto ubuntu                     26   12612
  12. Grrr. Stupid netgear and dlink and ....                  23   30468
  13. Upgrades to Vista planned by various US govt depts       21   16104
  14. Metisse                                                  20   30791
      Congrats Schestowiz -- They are Digging You!             20   14009
      [News] YouTube Videos Can Be Viewed With Open Sour       20   15955
      OT: XBox 360 literally DYING in japan                    20   16994
      a Vista vs. Linux matchup ..                             20   22826
  19. Roy Schestowitz Getting Lambasted On Digg.Com.           19   24988
  20. Computers with Linux OS hacked the most.                 18   16590
  21. Call to ALL Linux Advocates!!                            17   13041
  22. BD-Java developers wanted                                16   11137
  23. [News] 10 Drawbacks of Using Windows Vista               15   25598
      [News] Apple Fails to Understand Open Source, Micr       15   15663
      [News] Microsoft Fanboy Frustrated with Most Worst       15   16317
      Doug's Posts: MS Buying (Not Earning) PR To Sell C       15   26974
      [News] Microsoft Confirms Xbox Live Accounts Are B       15   30603
  28. Switching to Linux Overnight... and Never Returnin       14   20723
      This is one reason I DUMPED Win32 and switched to        14   50620
      [News] Screenshots Gallery of the Newly-released S       14   14979
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    212
   2. DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                                         86
   3. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        56
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>                                       54
   5. flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                                          53
   6. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                45
   7. B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    41
   8. John A. Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                               36
   9. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         34
  10. Jeff_Relf - .Net k00k                                            32
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx>                        32
  12. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           31
  13. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   29
  14. Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     28
  15. amicus_curious - TROLL                                           25
  16. John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  21
  17. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   19
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      19
      Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        19
  20. Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              18
      yttrx <yttrx@xxxxxxxxx>                                          18
  22. Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                                         17
  23. NoStop <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       16
      Reporter - RETARD                                                16
  25. linux-sux - WinTard TROLL                                        15
      Scottish Mike - IDIOT                                            15
      Alexander Terekhov - Facist Troll                                15
  28. Larry 'Msg-ID Larry' Qualig - MS Puppet                          13
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          13
  30. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                        12
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>                                   20  17
   2. John A. Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                           18  36
   3. flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                                      15  16
   4. B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                14  35
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     13  15
   6. Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 10  34
   7. NoStop <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>                                    9  53
      yttrx <yttrx@xxxxxxxxx>                                       9  26
   9. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     8  47
      Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  8   2
  11. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                           7  33
      T Wake <usenet.es7at@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           7  88
      Alexander Terekhov - Facist Troll                             7  35
  14. nuny@xxxxxxxx <Alien8752@xxxxxxxxx>                           6  75
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   6  18
  16. Rick - TROLLFEEDER                                            5  42
      Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                                      5  12
      thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                              5  24
      Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           5  22
  20. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                          4  31
      486box <486box@xxxxxxxxx>                                     4  33
      Moonbat <loon@xxxxxxx>                                        4  36
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     4   4
      Paul Hovnanian P.E. <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      4  27
      amicus_curious - TROLL                                        4  17
      DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                                      4   5
  27. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    3  14
      the dog from that film you saw <dsb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    3  50
      John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3  10
      Tiffany <president@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                              3  60
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    137
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                86
   3. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        82
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           67
      BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   67
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx>                        67
   7. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         66
   8. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>                                       65
   9. AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                       64
  10. lr_thompson@xxxxxxxxxxx                                          63
      Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        63
  12. OLDDINO <Vince.Porch@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                62
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             62
  14. John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          61
  15. flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                                          60
  16. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   58
      thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 58
  18. B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    56
  19. Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                                         54
  20. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       52
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxx>                52
      peterwn <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                52
  23. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          51
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      51
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        51
  26. Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             50
      Andrea <a.libiszewski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          50
  28. Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            48
  29. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              47
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              47
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                                    8
   2. Black Dragon - TROLL                                              4
   3. Meat Plow - IDIOT                                                 3
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           729
   2. slrn                                                            369
   3. G2/1.0                                                          249
   4. Mozilla                                                         227
   5. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       175
   6. Pan                                                              92
      MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067                                    92
   8. tin                                                              77
   9. Forte Agent                                                      75
  10. Thunderbird                                                      69
  11. pan 0.120 (Plate of Shrimp)                                      48
  12. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                    17
  13. Xnews                                                            11
  14. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.1 (Intel Mac OS X)                            10
      Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16386                            10
  16. 40tude_Dialog                                                     6
  17. Claws Mail 2.8.1 (GTK+ 2.10.6; i486-pc-linux-gnu)                 5
  18. pan 0.116 (Blanton's)                                             4
      Forte Free Agent                                                  4
  20. Microsoft Windows Live Mail desktop 8.0.1226                      2
  21. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.60.2060                                     1
      XanaNews/1.18.1.6                                                 1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      MicroPlanet Gravity v2.60                                         1
      Unison/1.6.2                                                      1
[1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
     and hence not included in the stats.
     Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2300.fc5
 07:58:25 up 4 days,  7:12,  2 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.59, 0.53