Re: [News] Details About Post-Vista Microsoft Leak Through Blog

On 2007-03-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Related:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
>| operating system is set to be rewritten as the Company 'scrambles' to fix
>| internal problems a Microsoft insider has confirmed to SHN... Microsoft has
>| also admitted that it has major problems in it's Windows division and has
>| has immediately initiated a total restructure of the division..."
> `----
>
> http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computing/Platforms?Article=/Computing/Platforms/R7G5G6U4

I thought they already did this before.

Yes, they did. They did all of it for Vister. A lot of people fell for
the false notion that 60% was rewritten, when all I ever saw was a
repeated claim that 60% *needed* a rewrite.

They did some of it in various ways for SP2 and their 1984-esque
Trustworthy Computing. Probably plenty more that didn't catch my
attention or failed to stick in my memory.

   Don't forget to pray before going to bed tonight, boys and girls.
   The boogeyman is real. The boogeyman breathes. The boogeyman is
   coming....to....get....YOU!

   Coming to a theater near you: Microsoft: VISTA ][

--
The sad thing about bashing Windows is that it's all true.