Re: [News] Is Africa Gradually Giving Microsoft the Boot?

> Free software meets the media
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The workshop, to be held at the Kofi Annan Center for Excellence in ICT in
>| Accra, Ghana, will run from April 23 to 27. The workshop is co-hosted by
>| the Economic Commission for Africa, the Open Society Initiative for West
>| Africa, the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Center for Excellence in ICT,
>| L'Association de Presse Panafricaine, the Meraka Institute, the University
>| of the Western Cape, IDC, and Panos London.
> `----
>
> http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1415

I don't think that Microsoft ever got the kind of traction they've
enjoyed in the US, Canada, Oz/Nz and Europe in any other geography.  The
rather sad consequence from our point of view, is that adoption is
likely to be much less rocky in Africa, Russia, Middle & Far East,
Indonesia, China, Japan, India, Pakistan etc.  Of course, from their
viewpoint, I'm quite sure that this is no problem at all!