Re: [News] [Rival] Vista's Mail Client Already Dead?

"BearItAll" <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft to kick Vista's e-mail app to the curb
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Windows Live Mail will replace Outlook Express on Windows XP and
>> Windows
>> | Mail on Vista in "the coming weeks," said Microsoft.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Swapping in the Windows Live Mail client for Vista's Windows Mail
>> | might surprise Vista users, since the operating system has been out
>> | less than four months.
>> `----
>>

> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9018858&source=rss_news50
>>
>> One wonder how this affects exporters. Mail could be used as hostage,
>> holding back those wishing to replace Windows with Linux.
>>

> You lost me there, how does changing the mail client offer a hostage
> taking
> situation?

If it's web based then you won't be able to migrate your e-mails to another
client. If the webmail client also requires a Windows specifiic technology
like IE7 or (in the future) Silverlight, then I think Roy has a good point.