[News] [Rival] Secret/Quiet Failures at Microsoft - Advertisements, XBox, Portals (And More)

Microsoft Exec Says Epic Cost Them One Billion

,----[ Quote ]
| In his most recent podcast, Major Nelson, a well known XBox PR outlet, has
| said that Epic Games cost Microsoft a BILLION dollars.
`----

http://news.filefront.com/microsoft-exec-says-epic-cost-them-one-billion/

Microsoft AdCenter: Hear My Plea

,----[ Quote ]
| The folks at AdCenter are well aware of the continued bugs and
| customer service issues. Let's just hope Microsoft can take care
| of these problems once and for all. In the meantime, I recommend
| that everyone look very closely before advertising in AdCenter.
`----

http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3625778

Excessive offshoring or a broken spellchecker?

http://images.golivewire.com/ib/129865_f.jpg

Related:

Microsoft Continues to Lose Online Popularity

,----[ Quote ]
| This week's Emarketer and Comscore reports drive home Microsoft's
| continuing fall from online
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070326/30668_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft Bug Pumps Up Web Ad Costs

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. said Friday it fixed a glitch in its online
| advertising platform that overcharged some merchants by hundreds,
| and in some cases thousands, of dollars.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070223/microsoft_adcenter.html?.v=1

Software Notebook: Microsoft's cash pile isn't what it used to be

,----[ Quote ]
| But Microsoft has taken a series of steps to reduce its cash
| balance. Specifically, by Microsoft's count, the company has
| paid out nearly $100 billion through dividends and repurchasing
| its own stock in the past five years.
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/309852_software02.html

Rumor: Is Microsoft cheating their [Xbox 360] sales?

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, there are some sobering thoughts with very broad implications
| for any company if that were true. That being said, would you buy
| from Microsoft, or any other company for that matter, if they were
| cheating their sales?
`----

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-Is-Microsoft-cheating-their-sales-/pg/49/aid/89595

Microsoft Games Division in Trouble??