[News] [Rival] A Disappointing 'Vista Tax' Refund from Dell

Windows Vista - the true cost

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, our efforts proved successful. After a couple of calls to
| customer service on Friday, we obtained a refund from Dell for the
| unwanted software (Vista and MS Works). The big surprise was the
| refund we were offered: a mere GBP17 for Vista and GBP6 for Works.
`----

http://www.bristolwireless.net/news/?p=274

Have a look at these:

        "New Dimension 9200 with MS Vista freezes"

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=vista&thread.id=13050

See how Dell tries to prevent people from choosing XP:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/winxp_dimen?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Where's Linux? Where's true choice in the market?

Related:

Dell Refunds OS Cost For Those Adopting Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source technology fans in the San Francisco Bay Area are reportedly
| some of the first who began campaigning to get refunds for Microsoft
| Windows software they did not plan on using.
`----

http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=4990

How to get a Windows tax refund

,----[ Quote ]