[News] [Rival] Security Problems on 'The Other Side of the Fence'

How my lack of understanding of how processes exit on Windows XP forced a
security patch to be recalled

,----[ Quote ]
| Last year, a Windows security update got a lot of flack for causing some
| machines to hang, and it was my fault.
`----

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2007/05/04/2402028.aspx

Malicious Code Hiding in Word, Excel, PPT and PDF Files

,----[ Quote ]
| Other more recent attacks observed by ISS among its customer base
| involved high-profile Windows vulnerabilities including the recently
| patched animated cursor (.ANI) flaw and the vector markup language
| (VML) glitch.
`----

http://www2.csoonline.com/blog_view.html?CID=32887

Lax security led to TJX breach