[News] [OSS] Governments Debate Open Source Software, Standards

Open Source Debate at World Bank

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday the World Bank webcast an event - Open Systems for
| e-Government in Developing & Transition Countries. Officials from
| countries including Azerbaijan, Moldova, Georgia, Kenya, Rwanda
| and Tanzania participated by video conference.
`----

http://jakaplan.blogspot.com/2007/05/open-source-debate-at-world-bank.html

There's a new Think Tank report on Open Source software:

http://thinktank.olliancegroup.com/ostt2007report.pdf

Related:

Cyberinfrastructure and the Public Interest

,----[ Quote ]
| The fact that so many people are meeting in so many venues to
| discuss standards in non-technical contexts demonstrates the
| fact that something new and important is at work here. And the
| fact that many of these conferences are taking place in
| academic and government venues suggests that people are still
| trying to figure out what it's all about.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070430034335550

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html