Re: [News] Firefox Gaining, Web Applications May Already Beat Desktop Applications

> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 04 May 2007 14:50 \__

>>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 04 May 2007 12:05 \__

>>> In what way? By the way, Google Groups only appears to strip off the first
>>> tag. I still tend to forget to tag posts, but it's a matter of habit. I'll
>>> get into a better routine and be more consistent with the tags. It's
>>> something I've said before, but I don't know if you read it.
>>>

>> I think you've mentioned it in the past, but I don't think that I'd
>> understood what you meant.  Now that I've seen what you mean, I think it
>> a good plan!
>>
>> For the digest, I was merely thinking about sorting in something other
>> than just timestamp order, that was all.
>
> Your digests are muchly appreciated. They even help me identify related posts
> when I prepare to post new ones. I think chronological order means very
> little when you're looking at a 24-hour period with a feedreader that's
> refreshed only 2-3 times per day. It might be worth slicing by tags, but I
> understand this [c|w]ould be a chore. To the reader, this would mean that
> there are no 'jumps' between a topic like Linux and Ballmer's latest iPhone
> FUD. The tags can automate organisation of the content.

When I've a few minutes, I'll take a look at the script and see what could
be done.  I'm a bit busy at the moment - my No.1 son is in the middle
of yr8 (2nd year in old money) exams, and my No.2 son is coming up to
KS2 sats too.  Last week, No.1 son had French and Spanish.  My French
is reasonable, but I'm having to learn Spanish fairly quickly :-)

Anyway, will take a peak at the script hopefully this bank holiday
weekend.  Btw - I put the link in the digest at the top for the previous
week, with a view to creating something like a linked-list with the
google search engine.  Nobody has ever commented on whether they use it
or not, although I've personally used it a couple of times.