Re: [News] Firefox Gaining, Web Applications May Already Beat Desktop Applications

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 04 May 2007 14:50 \__

>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 04 May 2007 12:05 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It's a good idea, and certainly makes the postings more easy to search
>>> through and sort.  I suppose that at some point, I should re-work the
>>> digest script a bit to respect the new tags...
>>
>> In what way? By the way, Google Groups only appears to strip off the first
>> tag. I still tend to forget to tag posts, but it's a matter of habit. I'll
>> get into a better routine and be more consistent with the tags. It's
>> something I've said before, but I don't know if you read it.
>>

> I think you've mentioned it in the past, but I don't think that I'd
> understood what you meant.  Now that I've seen what you mean, I think it
> a good plan!
>
> For the digest, I was merely thinking about sorting in something other
> than just timestamp order, that was all.

Your digests are muchly appreciated. They even help me identify related posts
when I prepare to post new ones. I think chronological order means very
little when you're looking at a 24-hour period with a feedreader that's
refreshed only 2-3 times per day. It might be worth slicing by tags, but I
understand this [c|w]ould be a chore. To the reader, this would mean that
there are no 'jumps' between a topic like Linux and Ballmer's latest iPhone
FUD. The tags can automate organisation of the content.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")
Tasks: 118 total,   1 running, 115 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie