Re: [News] [Linux] Software Patents Face New Challenges, Novell Still Wooes OEMs

> Vonage cites SCOTUS obviousness ruling in Verizon patent fight (updated)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Vonage is hopeful that the Supreme Court's ruling will help its case.
>| "We are very encouraged by the Supreme Court's decision and the giant
>| step it represents towards achieving much-needed patent reform in
>| this country," said Vonage interim CEO Jeffrey Citron.
> `----
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070502-vonage-cites-scotus-obviousness-ruling-in-verizon-patent-fight.html
>
> Novell, Dell Still Talking Linux Preloads On PCs
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Novell believes it can hit a pricing sweet spot with Linux on the
>| enterprise desktop and remains in talks with top OEMs -- including
>| Dell -- about preloading SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 on PC clients.
> `----

I wouldn't touch SuSE with all that talk of compatibility with Microsoft
from Novell - who knows what patented code Novell could be trying to
work in through the back door?

> http://www.crncanada.ca/content/systems/novell-dell-still-talking.shtml
>
> The Didio shill has already begone spreading FUD to discourage Dell
> (interview in LinuxInsider). She joins other familiar Microsoft shills such
> as Rob Enderle, who has been doing this for quite some time, even by
> _paying_ for press releases.

The owned media.

> Related:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "Microsoft Corp is using scare tactics to exert pressure on PC vendors
>| not to explore the potential of desktop Linux", according to Novell
>| Inc president and COO, Ron Hovsepian.
> `----
>
> http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=2044AB5A-59CA-4EC3-AD3F-73DF7BC4F8E0

Not that he cares about that, any more - now he works for Bill G.