[News] [Linux] Software Patents Face New Challenges, Novell Still Wooes OEMs

Vonage cites SCOTUS obviousness ruling in Verizon patent fight (updated)

,----[ Quote ]
| Vonage is hopeful that the Supreme Court's ruling will help its case.
| "We are very encouraged by the Supreme Court's decision and the giant
| step it represents towards achieving much-needed patent reform in
| this country," said Vonage interim CEO Jeffrey Citron.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070502-vonage-cites-scotus-obviousness-ruling-in-verizon-patent-fight.html

Novell, Dell Still Talking Linux Preloads On PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell believes it can hit a pricing sweet spot with Linux on the
| enterprise desktop and remains in talks with top OEMs -- including
| Dell -- about preloading SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 on PC clients.
`----

http://www.crncanada.ca/content/systems/novell-dell-still-talking.shtml

The Didio shill has already begone spreading FUD to discourage Dell
(interview in LinuxInsider). She joins other familiar Microsoft shills such
as Rob Enderle, who has been doing this for quite some time, even by
_paying_ for press releases.

`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=2044AB5A-59CA-4EC3-AD3F-73DF7BC4F8E0