[News] [Rival] New Revision of Windows, Office, and XBox Won't Save Microsoft (Sales Are Low)

Is this the Venom to the first 360's Spider-Man?

,----[ Quote ]
| If you were hoping for a cooler, quieter system you may have to
| wait for another revision: the Elite runs as loud and as hot as
| the original system. I've heard some people say their unit is a
| little quieter or cooler, but I haven't been able to notice any
| improvements in this area. Certainly nothing that could be
| considered a selling point.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/xbox-360-elite.ars/1

Will Leopard Miss Vista's Window of Opportunity?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since Microsoft has no real answers and can't execute its own plans,
| it has to resort to seeding the media with talking points that create
| the illusion that everything is well: revenues are up again, Xbox
| units are selling, Linux is still scary, the iPhone won't in any
| possible scenario meet the needs of customers.
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q2.07/1F637A5F-21F3-45FB-A31A-3485952C05A7.html

Related:

Xbox 360 Elite vs. classic: the test

,----[ Quote ]
| Basically, unless you are seriously eagle-eyed, have a massive
| friggin screen, or for whatever reason need to use HDMI because
| you're all out of component inputs, your investment in the
| first-gen Xbox 360 is probably safe.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/26/xbox-360-elite-vs-classic-the-test/

Xbox Business Still Losing Money

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft said that revenue was down for the quarter because of
| "decreased Xbox 360 console sales." The company shipped 500K consoles
| during the period, bringing the worldwide total to about 11 million
| consoles.
`----

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5374&Itemid=2

Elite Won't Increase Market Share

,----[ Quote ]
| Analyst Billy Pidgeon predicts that the arrival of the Xbox 360
| Elite will not increase Microsoft's market share for 2007.
`----

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11951/Elite_Wont_Increase_Market_Share.html

Microsoft's Record Quarter: Shareholders Paid for Most of the Upside Surprise

,----[ Quote ]
|    "Said another way, Microsoft achieved record breaking earnings during
|    the Vista launch quarter by taking money out of its assets, not
|    through amazing sales of Vista and Office."
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070503/34354_id.html?.v=1

Loot: Redmond, We Have a Problem, Or, What's Wrong With the Xbox 360

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ncroal.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=533168