[News] [Rival] Bloggers Urge Windows Users to Escape Vanity, Choose Linux

Refusing Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft are at it again, they seem to be consumed with selective
| deafness and an automatic response to wave away any criticism as a
| "minor" issue. To help ensure people were forced to upgrade to Windows
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Vista with the hell that Vista entails, they set a date on allowing
| new XP license's.
|
| [...]
|
| They just don't get it, as someone who has already fallen for Linux,
| I can happily sit back and watch as Vista chases more people into the
| Linux or Mac worlds than any positive campaign by either could do
| alone. For that, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone
| involved in giving birth to the malignant tumor known as Windows Vista.
`----

http://dirkgently.wordpress.com/2007/04/20/refusing-vista/

To the public, Microsoft says it's a minor issue [1], but to its developers
they seem to suggest it's a disaster [2] -- something which facts [3,4]
confirm. At the moment they just use lies [1,5] to keep up their appearance.

Top 10 humerous Reasons to Buy Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope you find some humor in this list.
`----

http://www.pcnineoneone.com/blog/top-10-humerous-reasons-to-buy-vista/

Related:

[1] Microsoft Nixes 'Big Bang' Service Pack For Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| A senior Microsoft official said the company doesn't plan to issue a major
| service pack for Windows Vista because the operating system is "high
| quality right out of the gate."
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=1RY1IWG1BQ2HCQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=198701442

[2] Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

[3]

,----[ Quote ]
| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
| operating system is set to be rewritten as the Company 'scrambles' to fix
| internal problems a Microsoft insider has confirmed to SHN... Microsoft has
| also admitted that it has major problems in it's Windows division and has
| has immediately initiated a total restructure of the division..."
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computing/Platforms?Article=/Computing/Platforms/R7G5G6U4

[4] MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| "With Alchin retiring, MarkL and MarkZ, two of the most talented
| architects in MS already having left, the picture gets really
| ugly for the Windows division," my friend claimed, and the BV's
| core team members, Ian McDonald, Jack Mayo, Todd Wanke, Clyde
| Rodriguez and others are starting to connect the dots.
|
| [...]
|
| He concluded ominously. "A trainwreck of biblical proportions looms.
| Pick a good seat on the sidelines, trainwrecks this large take
| awhile to complete. Vista may be the last MS OS for some time to
| come, especially if Cutler decides to play hardball."
`----

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/
http://tinyurl.com/35eqrt

[5] Microsoft's Record Quarter: Shareholders Paid for Most of the Upside
Surprise

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070503/34354_id.html?.v=1