Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Record' Quarter Paid for by INVESTORS

> Microsoft's Record Quarter: Shareholders Paid for Most of the Upside Surprise
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070503/34354_id.html?.v=1

   "Said another way, Microsoft achieved record breaking earnings during
   the Vista launch quarter by taking money out of its assets, not
   through amazing sales of Vista and Office."

   Now taking money of its savings account isn't necessarily a big deal.
   ... However, as a point in contrast, Apple Inc. has been launching a
   lot of products over the last nine months and has added almost $2
   billion to its balance sheet and assets in the same period that
   Microsoft's assets dropped $6 billion.

I wish I knew more about biznizz.  So much to learn.

--
   Windows XP. The operating system with a load in its pants.