Re: [News] [Rival] The BBC Continues Its Pro-Microsoft Charade

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | BBC viewers have flooded the corporation with complaints over how it
> | covered the launch of Microsoft Vista earlier this week.
> |
> | In one cringingly servile interview worthy of Uriah Heep, the
> | Beeb's news presenter Hugh Edwards even thanked Gates at the
> | end of it, presumably in appreciation at being allowed to give
> | the Vole vast coverage for free.
> |
> | In other TV news items presenters excitedly explained how Vistac
> | ould be obtained and installed - details courtesy of the BBC's
> | website.
> |
> | But British viewers, currently forced to pay a £131.50 licence
> | fee to maintain the BBC's "impartiality", were less than impressed.
> |
> | Scores got in touch to complain that so much was Auntie up Bill's
> | bum that you could barely see her corset.
> `----

I do not live in the UK, but one would think that such policies by BBC might
be illegal under law considering that they are taxpayer funded.

If the US Senate for instance started streaming free webcasts of its
proceedings to Windows users only, it would be grounds for a some massive
lawsuit.