[News] [OSS] Australian Government Discovers That Increased Open Source Adoption is Hidden

Govt open source survey finds hidden uptake

,----[ Quote ]
| "Why did we do it? It is part of today and our future," Steward said.
| "About half of the responding agencies have piloted, or are using,
| open source in their space."
|
| Steward said the views of open source among federal government
| agencies are "positive" and many will look to deploy it in the
| future but part of the barrier is uncertainty over what level of
| support is available if they encounter any problems.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1448439476;fp;2;fpid;1

Managing enterprise open source adoption, use

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/newsletters/nsm/2007/0430nsm1.html