Re: [News] Microsoft Uses Silverlight to Shove .NET Into Other Platforms

> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 04:59 \__

>>> Microsoft Gives Silverlight a Shine
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,131397/article.html
>>
>> I must have missed the memo explaining why I should use Silverlight
>> instead of Flash?
>>
>>> .NET is a patents-encumbered technology.
>>
>> So's Flash.
>>
>> (U.S. Patent 6,879,327; Pending in the U.S. and other countries.)
>>
>> I still don't see why I should use Silverlight.
>>
>> Microsoft are the masters of re-invention, aren't they?
>
> Dana Blakenhorn has just been trolling for an audience, saying that Microsoft
> is going open source (and whurley argued that Microosft loves open source).
> They try to distinguish between open source and Linux as threats. Put
> Free/Libre aside for the moment and recall what Microsoft seniors openly
> said about "open source". This can truly make you sick.

Our own resident Microsoft shills, like Timmy, Erik and co have all
waxed lyrical about how wonderful open-source is when it's licensed
using the BSD licence, ie., they can take it, pay nothing, and re-sell
it as their own without making any additional work available back to the
authors.