[News] "Open Source" Heavily Abused, Oracle and Acquires Rivals

Has open source jumped the shark?

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been a Linux fan for years, but lately I wonder if the drum
| beating from the big IT vendors in favor of open source hasn't
| finally slipped over the edge from sincere enthusiasm to meaningless
| - or in some cases downright hypocritical - sloganeering.
`----

http://jeffgould.findtechblogs.com/default.asp?item=584371

Oracle's Acquisition Strategy: Risks and Rewards

,----[ Quote ]
| ...open source products such as the MySQL database are gaining
| traction among users.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070430/33993_id.html?.v=1

Related:

Using open source as a marketing ploy

,----[ Quote ]
| This is typical trend riding fluff. If you go the Aras website you
| read about "Microsoft Enterprise Open Source Solutions", which is
| comical in and of itself.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/more_open_sourc.html

Oracle Linux adopters labelled 'idiots'