Re: [News] Introducing Windows Vista Escapees to GNU/Linux Distributions, YDL 5.0.1 Released

  • Subject: Re: [News] Introducing Windows Vista Escapees to GNU/Linux Distributions, YDL 5.0.1 Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 01:49:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 01:11 \__

>> ,----[ Quote ]
> [...]
>> | While YDL v5.0 installs and defaults to E17
>
> Interesting, I didn't know that. I've become quite an Enlightenment fan
> recently. Might give old yeller a trial just for fun.

I only worry about the level of function. I used Enlightenment a long time
ago and I am not sure it has evolved much since. Functions like 'move all
windows to desktop X' are the type of thing that saves the user several
minutes per day. Without them, using the O/S becomes a mechanical process of
rinse and repeat. Almost as bad as using Windows, without virtual
desktops... been about 6 months since I last came in contact with Windows
code (PC). Luckily I see a lot of videos and screenshots on the Web, so I
still remember what it looks like and how it behaves... Vista included.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S