Re: [News] [Linux] Boeing Uses Linux for Entertainment System as Well

> [I suspect it was only Airbus in the past]
>
> Boeing 777 - The Linux Penguin Lives
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Interesting how much Linux has made in roads into our lives. It
> | seems that some of the aairlines who use the Boeing 777 are using
> | Linux as their entertainment center.
> `----

Actually, on newer Boeing planes like the 777 or 7e7, Linux is also
in the cockpit running the Electronic Flight Bag (an in-dash
touchscreen computer).  It has been a few years since I worked on
that project, but I've since heard rumors that they will also be
in Airbus pretty soon (if not already).

Cheers,

Thad