[News] [Linux] Linux May Have Just Won the Patent War Against Microsoft

Free Software lawyer discusses Microsoft patent claims

,----[ Quote ]
| In basic terms, as Moglen explained to the online audience, the new
| version of the license would make Microsoft subject to the GPL,
| because of its distribution of Novell Suse Enterprise Linux
| coupons. Under the language of the license, Microsoft would
| then be prevented from pursuing patent claims against the
| broader Linux community. Not just Novell's Linux users
| would be protected.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/115505.asp

Moglen: SUSE Vouchers Have No Expiration Date! (Unlike MS's Patent Bullying)

,----[ Quote ]