Re: [News] [Linux] GPLv3 Eliminated Microsoft's FUD Charade

Verily I say unto thee, that BearItAll spake thusly:

> One of stopping points for not attacking the Linux community over patents is
> the question 'Who do you take to task that will make a difference'.

This is one of the great things about FOSS; it's pervasive, distributed,
viral and Free; and as such fundamentally unstoppable. This is what has
Microsoft soiling their pants.

> The worry of this particular phrase in GPLv3 is that the true number of
> targets may well be reduced to a manageable number.

But then there's no limit on that "manageable number". New projects
spring up every day, so MS could go bankrupt playing whack-a-mole with
the whole planet. They know that is not a game they can win, so instead
they resort to FUD. It's like a Nuclear weapon, it's a deterrent - "we
won't Nuke you, but we could if we wanted to". In this context, words
are more effective than action, and much cheaper too, of course.

However, if FUD is Microsoft's only viable product, then they'll soon
find themselves following SCO into oblivion.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| 'Also, no one calls it PCI-X even though that's the "official "
| shortening of the much more commonly used "PCI Express".'
|    - Hardon Quirk, COLA's resident "genius".
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 19:22:46 up 30 days, 16:54,  3 users,  load average: 1.15, 0.79, 0.79