[News] [Linux] New Version of GCC Released, Pioneer Stagecoach (Linux) Released

Tools: GCC 4.2.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Mitchell announced the availability of GCC 4.2 saying, "GCC 4.2.0
| is a major release, containing new functionality not available in GCC
| 4.1.x or previous GCC releases." He then linked the GCC 4.2 Release
| Series Changes, New Features, and Fixes document for more details as
| to what is new in this release.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/node/8214

Also released:

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=pioneer

2007-05-15: Distribution Release: Pioneer Stagecoach

Related:

Technalign releases Beta 1 of Stage Coach

,----[ Quote ]
| Technalign, Inc. has released the long awaited beta 1 of Pioneer
| Stage Coach. Stage Coach is the combined server and workstation,
| which includes the full functionality of Pioneer MigrationSERVER
| as well as Pioneer Basic. Stage Coach is intended for any
| individual running a server and workstation at home while it
| is perfect for a SOHO or single user business.
`----

http://opensourceblog.itproportal.com/?p=301

Pioneer Basic Release 2 -- How much horse power is in this Linux from
Colorado?

,----[ Quote ]
| I a was extremely pleased with the look and feel of Pioneer and in
| the overall performance. For a KDE system, it didn't lag as some does
| and minus adding in Synaptic and getting my wireless to work,
| everything else seemed to be extremely typical of a Kubuntu system.
`----

http://knolinux.com/2007/03/19/pioneer-linux-20.aspx

Pioneer Basic Release 2

,----[ Quote ]
| All Pioneer products come in two flavors - Free for download and also
| with full support. Both versions are live CDs and allow you to learn
| and play before you install. The difference between the two products
| is free does not come with support and is only supported by the community
| via the forums and knowledge base. The paid version comes with 3 years
| of upgrade protection as well as installation assistance and basic
| support services via a Technalign support representative. The free
| version is licensed under the GPL, and Technalign hopes one day to
| become become the Pioneers of Free and Open Source software. The
| free versions are NOT to be sold for profit and only to be given
| away.
`----

http://www.tapioneer.com/

Technalign, Inc. releases RC2 of Pioneer Basic Release 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Technalign is also requesting that the communities let development know
| whether to keep Adept or replace it with Synaptic. Currently Pioneer
| includes Adept and there appears to be a split with regards to which should
| be included in the final release.
`----

http://opensourceblog.itproportal.com/?p=293

Technalign Releases Linux Based Computer Forensics Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Warren Woodford, CEO of MEPIS, LLC, said, "The new Frontier Forensics
| tool represents the next generation in both Linux and Forensics,
| helping both law enforcement and corporate security to secure
| evidence, solve crimes, and secure networks."
`----

http://in.sys-con.com/read/284789_p.htm

Technalign Releases Pioneer Linux In 32 And 64 Bit Versions

,----[ Quote ]
| The community edition includes many features found previously in
| Frontier. Both Pioneer 32 and 64 include Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird
| and Kmail email clients, OpenOffice.org, and many others such as
| K3b for CD/DVD burning.
|
| [...]
|
| The commercial versions have minor differences between the free
| version. Individuals may choose from either the free version or a
| boxed set available from the over 600 Technalign partners in the
| US and Canada.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/310944_p.htm

Technalign Selects Kubuntu For TaFusion Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/307126_p.htm