[News] [Linux] Michael Dell Talks About Linux, Faces Legal Problems

CRN Interview: Dell Chairman & CEO Michael Dell

,----[ Quote ]
| CRN: Last week, Dell talked a lot about Linux on the desktop and with
| respect to the Microsoft-Novell partnership. Is that a real potential
| growth area for Dell and its channel partners?
|
| DELL: Linux has been around for quite some time, and on the server
| side Linux is well-established. On the client side, the opportunity
| is more emerging. We certainly see an enthusiast segment that is
| interested in Linux. We see some scientific and technical users.
| What we're doing very much here is listening to what our users
| tell us. If we see demand there, we're going to go and do our
| best to respond to it.
|
| CRN: How would you describe Dell's relationship with Microsoft?
|
| DELL: Microsoft is one of our key technology partners.
|
| CRN: Was there any blowback from Microsoft with respect to
| Dell's Linux moves?
|
| DELL: No.
`----

http://www.crn.com/it-channel/199600481;jsessionid=BE5Q0XCMK2JEWQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN?pgno=2

N.Y. attorney general accuses Dell of fraud

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell is being accused of making false promises to customers to drive
| sales, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by New York Attorney
| General Andrew Cuomo.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6184057.html

Related:

Dell accounting probe finds possible 'misconduct'

,----[ Quote ]
| Last year analyst firm Friedman Billings Ramsey criticized the
| way Dell accounted for warranties, saying the company used an
| "unusual" method for accounting for the money it takes in from
| warranty sales and the money it reserves to handle expected
| warranty claims.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6171818.html

Investors sue Dell on payments from Intel: WSJ

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/investors-sue-dell-payments-intel/story.aspx?guid=%7B400315B0%2DE375%2D4920%2DB300%2D784220BE