Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Wishes to Start Protection Racket Program

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 17 May 2007 00:26 \__

> On Thursday 17 May 2007 00:09 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft: If we're violating IP, 'we'll take a license'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Now, courtesy of the same Microsoft public-relations representative
>> | who provided us press/blogger folks with Microsoft?s full statement
>> | on May 14 on its latest patent-infringement claims, here are a
>> | couple more Microsoft sound bites on this issue.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=443
>
> I love this part:-
>
> Q: Why is Microsoft going public with more specifics ? in terms of numbers
> and general technology areas allegedly infringing on your patents ? now?
> Why this week?
> A: ?The latest draft of the GPLv3 attempts to tear down the bridge that
> Microsoft and Novell have built between proprietary and open source
> software........
>
> - and there you have it?
> GPLv3 has pissed on MS/Novell's chips?
> What a shame:-)

Yes, that's not new. Mary reported this recently, as well. It's the GPLv3
that makes Microsoft s**t its pants. What's more disturning is Microsoft's
endless placements in mainstream media. They tried to create a lot of scare.
There was a huge and coordicated FUD campaign. OSDL's head, Stuart Cohen, is
said to have lost his job after he pitched to Lyons of Forbes, before the
article "The man [RMS} who will kill Linux" showed up. Lyons an infamous
Microsoft/SCO shill that can barely get his stuff published by Forbes
nowadays. He is not alone. O'Gara has already lost her job. ACT does a lot
of the legwork too.

Boycott sites that give room to Microsoft's ant-Linux placements. The media
has hit rock bottom.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Is it a stupid sig? Why yes it is!
Mem:    514480k total,   485900k used,    28580k free,     5836k buffers