[News] [Rival] Microsoft Wants Phone Lockin

Microsoft unveils hardware for Web phone push

,----[ Quote ]
| Instead of one system for phones and another for e-mails and
| instant messaging, Microsoft wants all communications to run
| over Internet networks on its Office Communicator program.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070514:MTFH27468_2007-05-14_04-01-22_N13246827&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/3xlee8

Look what they did with Exchange, even DirectX. To heck with standards. Make
up your own.

Related:

        Microsoft:

"For example, we should take the lead in establishing a common approach
to UI and to interoperability (of which OLE is only a part). Our efforts
to date are focussed too much on our own apps, and only incidentally on
the rest of the industry. We want to own these standards, so we should
not participate in standards groups. Rather, we should call 'to me' to
the industry and set a standard that works now and is for everyone's
benefit. We are large enough that this can work."

http://www.os2site.com/sw/info/comes/px09509.zip (Comes vs Microsoft)