Re: [Reviews] The Top 5 Things I Hate About Linux

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> Boomerang city.  If Linux is so crash-happy and poorly implemented as
> some of the Wintroolies claim, one wonders what they have to say
> about Vista.  (Especially with the nVidia driver fiasco.)

And the Creative X-Fi driver fiasco, and ...

Basically all those arguments are equally applicable on both sides,
although I'd argue they're even more applicable to Vista, the King of
deadbeat Operating Systems (or is that "deadbeef"? :) )

Fundamentally it boils down to this; does one advocate for:

1 ... Buggy software on a "secret-society" closed platform, driven by a
reprehensible monopoly, that spends huge resources inhibiting it's
customers by *disabling* features, and exists purely to exploit people
for greed?

... or,

2 ... Less buggy software on an Open and Free platform, driven by the
actual users, who are motivated by technical merit, feature
*enablement*, and mostly unconditional altruism?

Hmm, tough choice.

--
K.
http://slated.org

,----
| <This sig left intentionally blank>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 03:15:31 up 43 days, 47 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.54, 0.46