Re: [Reviews] The Top 5 Things I Hate About Linux

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Dean G.
<dguttadauro@xxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on 29 May 2007 15:03:05 -0700
<1180476185.541024.258200@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On May 29, 11:28 am, The Ghost In The Machine
> <e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>      The Top 5 Things I Hate About Windows Vista
>
>      1. Lack of Driver Support for Select Hardware Products.
>
>      2. Half-Done, Poorly Supported, Overpriced Proprietary Software.
>
>      3. The Politics and Unreasonable Restrictions of the EULA.
>
>      4. Hatred Towards OSS Applications and OSes.
>
>      5. Animosity Towards the Inclusion of competing software,
>         bordering, frequently on the wrong side, of Sherman Act violations.
>

>  None of these have to do with Vista per se.  The first is a
>  research issue (in other words, buyer beware).  The second
>  has to do with the third party software developers
>  The author opines about the third that
>  the GPL licenses would have been more liberating --
>  an issue that is best taken up in other fora, and probably
>  has been beaten to death therein. The fourth and fifth have
>  to do with the company itself, not the actual OS.
>

> Dean G.

Heh heh heh.

Boomerang city.  If Linux is so crash-happy and poorly
implemented as some of the Wintroolies claim, one wonders
what they have to say about Vista.  (Especially with the
nVidia driver fiasco.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };