Re: [News] [Rival] Adrian Kingsley-Hughes a Microsoft Mouthpieces?

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Saturday 26 May 2007 01:52 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> There's a whole pack of them. One is even a Microsoft employee (Carrol).
>> ZDNet needs some 'housecleaning'.
>>

> Maybe the word got through to his meal ticket.   His column today is
> totally Linux/Ubuntu friendly:
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=429
>
>> Let?s get a little group project going that?ll help some of those newbies
> to Linux who?ve bought an Ubuntu-powered Dell.
>>
>> Yesterday Dell put the new range of Ubuntu-powered rigs on sale at a price
> that?s pretty competitive.  Many of the users who buy these PCs will be old
> hands and Linux and know exactly what to do to get them up and running and
> doing what Windows-based PCs can do.  But there?s going to be people who
> buy these that aren?t that familiar with Ubuntu and who might feel a little
> lost.  To help these folks I thought it might be a cool idea to create a
> little island of resources to help these people.  You know, info that gets
> them started and let?s them set up their systems and getit doing what
> people expect of a Windows-based PC.

Turns out ZDNet will be getting more 'balance' shortly:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/05/selling_painzdn.html

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/