Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] [Linux] Man Tries Mandriva on Laptop, Reviews It, Loves It (was: [News] [Linux] Man Tries Mandriva on Laptop, Reviews It, Loves It)

__/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Friday 25 May 2007 11:03 \__

> On Fri, 25 May 2007 10:35:48 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> 1 Month On: Mandriva 2007 Spring - Laptop
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| For the last month (and a bit) I've been running Mandriva 2007.1
>>| Spring PowerPack on my Toshiba Satellite 2410. To avoid people
>>| having to skip to the conclusion, I'm sticking with Mandriva
>>| Linux Spring on my laptop permanently!
>> `----
>>
>> http://blog.cyprix.com.au/?p=19
>
> Once again, your headline is highly deceptive, Roy.  The author, by his own
> words, has been running Mandriva on his laptop for a long time.

Damn it. Stop changing subject lines to make baseless statements and get past
the filters. Please.

http://www.osnews.com/

"For the last month (and a bit) I've been running Mandriva 2007.1 Spring
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PowerPack on my Toshiba Satellite 2410..."

Can you spell "pedantic"?

> In fact, he says this:
>
> In the past I?ve only run WinXP as my primary operating system on this
> laptop (feel free to flame away), and either dual booted to Mandriva, or
> run a MandrivaOne disc. "
>
> Sure doesn't sound like he "tried Mandriva" to me, he's been using it for a
> long time.  He also says this:
>
> "However, due to certain apps and features not working correctly or stably
> previously, I haven?t permanently converted. These apps/features
> include:..."
>
> Funny, but that's the sort of comment that would have you and a host of
> others crying FUD and claiming he must have been a Microsoft Spy.  And,
> while it says great things about this release of Mandriva, it shows that
> lots of people have had very real problems with Linux, even in the recent
> past.

He also says he "loves" things (twice in the review) and overall expresses
satisfaction. Is that the best you can do to discredit me?

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12418&Itemid=1091

> How, precisely is this relevant to the first article?  Other than involving
> Linux in some way?  Are you just randomly pulling articles out of your ass
> and claiming they're relevant?  How are you NOT a bot?

You don't even need to think laterally. Many people say that Dell should have
gone with distros that have substance, not just /hype/. Ubuntu has both in
my opinion. The author is upset becuase he's a Debian guy and he regularly
bashes Ubuntu (recently even OpenSolaris, which angered some people at Sun
Micro).

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
 11:05am  up 26 days 19:27,  8 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.01, 0.96